Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pssst I have a story to tell...

It all happened last night. It was a boring ordinary night in my life when I can’t seem to focus & I lack interest in just about anything. I tried watching DVDs after watching American Idol, but I can’t even appreciate a good movie. I switched the TV & DVD off & decided to just dozed off & sleep. But even sleep does not interest me or is not interested with me. C’mon I don’t know what’s in my head. I have to decide what to do for the night. No rush…just think & focus.

I decided to go to Butterfly, a friend’s bar. Got my laptop as my ever reliable non-complaining companion, & just hang-out with whoever is at the bar. Lucky me there are some friends I know just chillin’ at the Bar area.

It was around 11:30 pm when I was about to go home, suddenly of all mysteries the late comer would interest me. I would say he got my eyes. I opted to stay a little longer. He was alone, in a little melancholic manner as I vibe it. I caught a stare & that was my go signal. It was as if I’m back in high school again, struggling whether or not to make the first move. Funny I went to the comfort room twice in 15mins. for what, for comfort? LOL! Finally got all my guts to approach him & introduce myself. Pls. note that it’s actually my first time to do this. Late bloomer I guess. Tell me what you think?

Here goes:

Me: Hi! Uhhhh solo? Or your waiting for someone?
Him: Yup solo.
Me: People inside seem to worry your alone here.
Him: (gives a smile) I’m ok.
Me: Can I have your name?
Him: Nick.
Me: Lyle.
Him: ahh Lyle.
Me: So if you need company feel free to just get inside, join the group.
Then I left. Lame first try!!! Ughhhh! I should have offered to keep him company, just the two of us.

But I hope there’s second chance serendipity. Grab grab grab! C”,)

2 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Ya shoulda stayed. I hope you get a second chance. MB

None said...

Ha,ha! Brave but then...shy again!